Woolen clothes need proper care and attention to remain at their best. Simply add a small amount of quality shampoo or wool wash liquid to cold water in a washing machine on a very gentle cycle, or hand wash. Always treat your sheepskin products with care.
Wool Hand Washing
- Clean wool fabric using a mild detergent in lukewarm water.
- Never use hot water! Do not use bleach! Bleach dissolves wool fabric.
- Completely cover the garment in water and soak for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently squeeze to allow water to penetrate the fabric.
- Do not wring the garment.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water to remove all traces of soap.
- Squeeze gently to remove excess water. Do not wring the garment!
- To dry, lay the garment on a flat surface, reshaping if necessary and allow to dry away from direct sunlight and heat. Do not hang to dry. This will cause the wool fabric to stretch from the weight of the water that has soaked into the fibers.
- Never put wool clothing in the dryer! The combination of heat, friction and pressure will cause shrinkage.